Home Inspections for buyers and sellers, radon testing, water quality testing, and detailed reports.
THE BEST INSPECTION SERVICES IN MAINE!
HOME INSPECTIONS FOR BUYERS & SELLERS
We provide home inspections that not only meet – but exceed the standard. We leave “no stone unturned” when it comes to your home, and we provide a detailed inspection report in digital format with every home inspection.
All Of Our Home Inspections Include:
Roof, vents, flashing and trim
Gutters and downspouts
Skylight, chimney and other roof penetrations
Decks, stoops, porches, walkways, and railings
Eaves, soffit, and fascia
Grading and drainage
Basement, foundation, and crawlspace
Water penetration and foundation movement
Main water shut off valves
Water heating system
Interior plumbing fixtures and faucets
Drainage sump pumps with accessible floats
Electrical service line and meter box
Main disconnects and service amperage
Electrical panels, breakers, and fuses
Grounding and bonding
GFCI’s and AFCI’s
Fireplace damper door and hearth
Insulation and ventilation
Garage doors, safety sensors, and openers
Your detailed report will be provided to you electronically within 48 hours or less. Complete with easy to read summaries and photos our reports provide you with all the detailed information required to make an informed decision on your future home purchase. All of our reports come complete with pictures and descriptions for future reference during negotiations, as well as owning and maintaining your new home.
- Residential Inspection Single Family Home less than 2500 Square Feet $350.00
- Each additional 500 square feet +$50.00
- Over 100 Years Old: +$50.00
- Garages: Starting at $75.00
- In-Law Apartments: $75.00
- Multi-Unit, first unit 350.00, each additional unit 75.00
- Thermal Imagery to check for active leaking NO FEE
- Wood Destroying Organism with a Home Inspection NO FEE
- Radon Testing:
- Radon in Air Testing: $150
- Radon in Water Testing: $75.00
- Radon in Air Testing: $150
- Water testing
- Comprehensive (including Arsenic, Calcium, Chloride, Copper, Fluoride, Hardness, Iron, Lead, Magnesium, Manganese, Nitrate Nitrogen, Nitrite Nitrogen, pH, Sodium, Uranium, Coliform Bacteria & E. coli (enumerated)): $150.00
WATER & RADON TESTING SERVICES
Each person goes through about 80-100 gallons of water per day, for indoor home uses. Water is essential to our health and happiness. Water testing is a simple and affordable way to protect you and your family’s health.
Spotlight Home Inspections tests for the following:
Coliform and E. coli bacteria. When these are present there is a greater risk that pathogens are also present.
Ions from minerals such as sodium, chloride, sulfate, iron, and manganese. These
Lead, Arsenic, and Uranium. All of these are toxic and cause adverse health effects and are often found in Maine Wells.
Nitrates/Nitrites. Both of these minerals interfere with the blood’s ability to carry oxygen. This is particularly dangerous to children under six months of age.
Fluoride. Ingestion of excess fluoride, most commonly in drinking-water, can cause fluorosis which affects the teeth and bones.
Radon. This can be inhaled from the air or ingested from water. When water containing radon is used, showering for example, it escapes the water and increases the radon concentration in the air.